During this year of sharing homemade cosmetic recipes, we have shared a lot of formulas that use flowers. Flowers in essential oils, extracts, dried or macerated in botanical oils…. Flowers can heal, tone, soothe, and help slow the skin’s ageing process. So we thought we would share some quick snapshots of our favourite flowers today. Simply for the pleasure of the eyes 🙂
2. Orchid beans can be used in perfumery (vanilla bean is the perfect example)
3. Orchid flower extracts used in cosmetic as an anti oxidant ingredient
5. Lavender flowers are used in perfumery under the form of essential oil. Lavender can also be used as a floral water and the dried flowers can be used as soft scrub ingredient.
6. Daisy flowers are used macerated in carrier oil and is a perfect bust and face lifting ingredient
7. Jasmine flowers are used in essential oils to create wonderful perfumes and fragrances and have great cosmetic and stress balancing benefits.
8. Arum root is used in cosmetics under the form of starch for its numerous benefits for the skin. The flowers are used in perfumery.
9. Roses are used as essential oils for perfumery and for very high ends cosmetic brands. It has an anti ageing effect as well as calming effect. It can also be used under the form of floral water in cosmetics as well as in dessert recipes.
10. Bay tree is used as an essential oil and has powerful anti fungal and anti bacterial benefits. It is a great ingredient to us as natural preservative.
11. Hibiscus flowers are great in macerated oil. They have a lovely deep red colour and can be used in your teas or fresh drinks as they have a diuretic effect. But we particularly like to use it as a powder to make your own blush, eyeshadow and lipstick at home
12. Rosehip oil is perfect as an anti ageing ingredient and as well as to fight stretch marks. It is also commonly used against acne
13. Geranium is used in cosmetics as an essential oil. It has numerous benefits for skin and has a very pleasant fragrance
Just when you thought flowers were just good for sitting in a vase. Truth is, they can really pack a punch and transform your makeup and skincare routine when used correctly!
Any comments, please let us know below 🙂
The Spoiled Bee Xx